Lavasa

Lavasa, Khandala, Mumbai, Pune Slideshow: Sandip Patil’s trip to Pirangut (near Pune) was created by TripAdvisor. See another Pune slideshow. Create your own stunning free slideshow from your travel photos.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Well, if you have read the poem in the earlier post, here is one that's written by me (during my teens, when I was probably in love ;) ). It's definitely inspired by the earlier one, if not plagarized outrightly! Well, I'm not unhappy about that, it was the start of my writing skills, and I wanted to get the rhymes right ;). How I pity my THEN self now ....

I hope you like it! Please do comment...

The Spirit Of Love
-by Sandyteen

Make me a promise- that you will never desert me:
I’m not asking for your help- always just remember me;
I want your support- for my greater cause inlife:
To protect you, even at the point of a knife.
To encourage you, and help you build your world,
To supervise your path, and see that your flag is unfurled.
To deal with your sorrows- earthly and spiritual:
To slay them all, completing any due ritual.
But, if I ever perish at my duty,
Or, if time ceases our unity:
Do not weep on my grave-
Only my sweet memories forever save;
‘Coz for you I will never die;
And with all my energy I will always try,-
To keep returning to you:
As rain, water and the morning dew;
As the elements of the earth,
Or as diamonds whose availability is dearth.
As the rush of your emotion,
Or as your heart’s ceaseless motion.
As daily life at its best,
Or in vacation, as energizing rest.
As a Samaritan in your need,
Or as success in your deed.
As an angel- guiding your path,
Or as the conscience- removing your wrath.
Although I may fade away as a person,
I’m apt to continue my supererogation;
Because even in God’s court
I intend to express only one desire:
To be appointed as your angel and to inspire,
My only promise in the concluding line:
My acts will speak louder than this,
Under which I sign………

I'm supposed to have signed here, but then it must be my "LOVE" reading it.. now its just you people :P

No comments: