Lavasa

Lavasa, Khandala, Mumbai, Pune Slideshow: Sandip Patil’s trip to Pirangut (near Pune) was created by TripAdvisor. See another Pune slideshow. Create your own stunning free slideshow from your travel photos.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep (a poem)

Its been some time since i have opened my poem collection. I found this poem in a Times of India a few years ago. Its written by an unknown soldier. It touches me to date. Have a read:

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep.
- by an unknown soldier.

Do not stand at my grave and weep:
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on the snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush…
Of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die.

No comments: