Lavasa

Lavasa, Khandala, Mumbai, Pune Slideshow: Sandip Patil’s trip to Pirangut (near Pune) was created by TripAdvisor. See another Pune slideshow. Create your own stunning free slideshow from your travel photos.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A walk in the rains...

में शायार तो नहीं, मगर पता नहीं,
जब से लिखा हे ये ब्लॉग,
शायरी फिर आ गयी!

I'm amazed at my own pace of churning out poems. To be honest, they just come to me, mostly while on my walks, and at the most bizzare, on the way back from office!

So here is another one, regarding tonight's failed attempt at a walk.

A walk in the rains...

As i start my stroll,
Rains decide
To break my ritual.

Walking in the rain
I see:
People taking shelter
Life:
Helter-skelter
irritated cows,
A cat meows.

Drenched i am
as is the earth,
Several pairs of eyes
Follow my determined march forth.

Coolness in my head
Cold atmosphere spread;
Large drops making bubbly sound
And patterns of waves:
Round.

A lone school-child shares my way-
Kicking the water:
As he returns
After a long day.

Faster i walk,
Harder it pours.
As i reach home,
The clouds end their score.

Frogs coming out,
Music of monsoon renew-
Puppies running out,
And chasing frogs anew!

As i enter my house,
One last glance
(at) the dark sky
A break of (moon) light
Forming a smile wry!

No comments: