Lavasa

Lavasa, Khandala, Mumbai, Pune Slideshow: Sandip Patil’s trip to Pirangut (near Pune) was created by TripAdvisor. See another Pune slideshow. Create your own stunning free slideshow from your travel photos.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

An ode to Amdavadi Autumn

This poem is inspired by all my classmates from around India who braved the Amdavadi autumn heat for their convocation!

An ode to Amdavadi Autumn

Days are hot,
Nights cold;
Autumn in Ahmedabad:
On the roll...

Blinding (sun) light-
Chilly night winds;

Sweating all day:
& shivering at night!

City of contradictions:
Ahmedabad is:
Inspiration I realize,
Climate gives!

Balance of opposites,
Each taking its turn.
Harsh environment:
Keeping everyone on the run!

The day shows mirages-
Wind whisltes at night.
Stillness of the day
Killed with vengeance
As darkness comes to stay.

Nature makes me run
Stillness is no fun.

As long as I'm in motion:
Breeze ventilates me
In the sun.

If I stop-
Heat takes over;
Beads of sweat
Threaten a downpour.

These are lessons
In speed and agility,
Sharpness and flexibility;

Ahmedabad teaches,
I'm still learning!

No comments: