Lavasa

Lavasa, Khandala, Mumbai, Pune Slideshow: Sandip Patil’s trip to Pirangut (near Pune) was created by TripAdvisor. See another Pune slideshow. Create your own stunning free slideshow from your travel photos.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

The alchemy in my life...

When i was a kid, i thought i was a dreamer.... so, i used to imagine a hundred million things & draw some of them.... then i came to rigid formal teaching & discovered im good at math & science. So, i took up math & science... when i faced the boards i found hundreds better than me.. then i thought atleast i drew better, and had some sense of imagination... so i joined architecture... there i found hundreds better at sketching & imagination... i found i have a better appreciation for planning, so i took up a job in planning... i found many better than me... i realized i appreciated environment & nature much more... so i took up landscape... & there i found nature lovers more fanatical than me, environmentalists more obsessed than me... so im back here, wondering what is it i am good at...

Now, i think im a better dreamer than anything else... conjuring up the future (imagined) before my eyes... well, i will find another hundreds better at that too....

but the truth is, there are hundreds better than me at any one given thing...its the combination of some math, some science, some imagination, some bit of drawing, some bit of environmental attitude that makes me - ME

am i upto my own expectations? do i value myself? do i believe in myself? well, the answer can only come when i go back to the roots... the alchemist found the treasure back where he started... & i must go back to my dreaming... combined with my experiences in math, science, imagination, architecture et al, ... maybe ill realize what niche i have...where i excel... and what i can contribute to the world....

happy journey to myself!!!!

oh ps: i absolutely adore to travel.. there may be others better,but i havent yet found anyone as hell-bent on exploring even when not having slept in last 24 hours (apropos my trip to mt abu...)

Posted via email from sandylief

No comments: